July 1, 2015 by steelcitymama
Let me first say, I am in no way qualified to give make up advice. I hardly even know what products go where, or why they are even necessary. I was low maintenance with my make up routine pre-baby, but now it is even more important that I am able to get ready quickly. Here are my favorite go-to products for a five minute face:
1. Almay Smart Shade Concealer – I do not remember when I started using this because it has been so long ago. It’s definitely an old faithful! I love Almay because all of their products are gentle on my super sensitive skin. I have always had dark circles under my eyes, and struggle with it even more in my current sleep deprived mommy state. I love using this under my eyes and to any imperfections on my face. I still get pimples at 29, so this definitely helps with those as well. I just use my middle finger to gently blend the concealer in, I never use a concealer brush. I just never seem to have time for that.
2. Dr. Jart Day Tint – This is a recent addition to my routine that I discovered through Birchbox. I have tried tons of BB creams and light coverage base but I just have not found anything that I like as much as this. It is a very light coverage tint with SPF and ceramides which help the skin retain moisture. It just seems to even out my skin a bit without saturating it in make-up. I just dab a bit to each cheek, nose, forehead and chin and gently rub it in. I occasionally use a non-latex sponge to blend it in if I have an extra second to spare.
3. Benefit Girl Meets Pearl & Chella Highlighters – I love, love, love highlighters. They are another great way to draw attention away from dark circles and though I have only been using them for a year or so, I love how much of a difference they have made in my routine. I just use a very small amount of the Benefit cream on my brow bone and the top of my cheek bone. I also use the Chella highlighter crayon on my cheek bone by making short lines then blending them in gently with my finger.
4. Maybelline The Nudes Eye Shadow Palette – I love eye shadow, but I just can not justify spending a ton of money on it. I recently found this palette on a Walgreens diaper run and I love all the colors in it. I generally just use the lighter colors, but I like that it has so many choices if I want to do a heavier look. I also just use my finger to apply the shadow. I try to use at least three shades each time to give dimension.
5. Benefit Bad Gal Mascara – I have very sensitive eyes. A lot of mascara leaves my eyes itching like crazy and I can not wait to take it off. I love that this mascara works well for my sensitive eyes. It is also heavy enough to only use a coat or two unlike other mascara which I feel can make me look like I do not even have any on. It is also waterproof, which is always wonderful on super hot and humid southern days.